Friday, March 15, 2019

A Husbands Tale

I got out of bed early today; didn't want to but my knee hurt and Charley was bugging me to fix his breakfast. It doesn't take long to get him fed. Pour grain into a bowl and let him chow down.

The Queen came down and we were sitting on the couch reading the morning news on our computers will sipping coffee. All at once I came across what I thought was an interesting story and relayed it to Her. I received no answer. So, I said, "Are you going to answer me?". She came back with "I can't do two things at one time". We men all know this is a huge lie. Even if it was true females would never admit it.

Well, I continued reading and keeping my thoughts to myself.

In the course of the next fifteen minutes I was asked a minimum of ten questions begging a comment from me. I've been married for over forty-nine years and am not exactly stupid. Had we been dating or married even twenty years I might have come back with a smart ass retort---but I didn't.

Would you care to know why". First, a guy has to learn when to pick his battles. Secondly, I get quite hungry around 6 pm and Her Majesty is a danged good cook.

No comments: