Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Problem With Legalized Marijuana

I have a relative, living in Colorado no less, who told me five years ago that smoking a joint was relatively harmless. She said it was no different than drinking a bottle of beer. Did I mention she's a hard core liberal. Anyway, I was so incredulous I didn't except to immediately know what to say. Then I remembered an article I'd read. It said, 'marijuana in 2014 is 1200 times more powerful than it was in the 1960's.

I guess additives had something to do with it. You know, let's make it more addictive.

I came across an article from Business Insider this morning. Interesting, isn't it?

The latest study was published on Monday by a team of clinicians in Colorado, where marijuana was legalized medically in 2009 and recreationally in 2014. In their study, which appeared in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine, the physicians described more than 2,500 cannabis-related ER visits to a large public hospital in the state from 2012 to 2016.

No comments: