Thursday, March 21, 2019

I Should've Been A Dog Barber

Don't you detest it when parents talk about their children all the time; how bright they are, how talented, how athletic----------blah, blah, blah?. It's the same for dogs.

I've written about our new rescue pooch a couple of times but today I had my eyes opened. I made a bad decision when I went into coaching and teaching, a real bad decision. I should have been a dog barber.

Our Charlie is four years old and a rescue doggie. You'll hate it when I say this but he's absolutely adorable; knows a lot of tricks and doesn't pee or poop on the carpet. He sleeps in an enclosed cage at night but if we let him he'd stay in our bed.

Charlie barks only when strangers come to the door and then he stops. It's nice to know he watches out for us. The little guy is an Affinpincher by breed. He looks like Toto from the Wizard of Oz.

We've had Chaz for five weeks and when we got him the Queen took him to Pet Smart for a much needed haircut. The price? It was only $63 dollars BUT they did trim his nails and he came home with a neckerchief, blue and white in color reading 'Handsome Hunk'. What a bargain.

Today, Charlie had another beauty appointment. I made certain he received a summer cut. I go to the barber five times a year, tops, for the price of $25 including tip. The way things are going now the king of our house will cost me, oh my gosh, it's to high to compute. What? Would it be $700?

But wait, he does get the cool neckerchief, right?

I paid the bill and his groomer looked at me. I recognized that look. It's called, 'Where's my tip'. I'm a sucker for a pretty girl.

Before I left Pet Smart I has handed a brochure. It told me there was going to be a Play Date for Pooches. Normally, it costs $10 but since I'm such a good customer Charley gets to come for free.

If life was like a dogs we'd all be happy

No comments: