Sunday, June 9, 2019

I Miss Charlie

I've been staying at my long time friends home the last three days. He lives in a golf course community called Lake Arrowhead located fifteen miles south of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. It's, to me, heaven on earth. The courses, both of them are immaculate. The price for a membership for both is $1,500 a year. God gave the members a huge break.

Tomorrow, after a motel stay in Owosso, Wisconsin I'll see my high school best friend. He's a good guy, always has been, Since I'm staying in his house, something I don't like to do, I'll take he and his wife out to dinner two nights. It's the right thing to do.

I talked with the Queen tonight. She was driving to the lake in Minnesota along with Charlie our new pooch. She told me she was only thirty miles south of me in a motel. Had I only known.

Regardless, she'll bypass me tomorrow. I asked how Charlie was doing considering he's never taken such an extended trip. I worry about him. Wouldn't you be concerned about your child? I am when it comes to my baby who looks like Toto from the Wizard of Oz.

I've learned that having a dog is more than just having a dog. He's more than becoming just a family member. He's someone you grow to love. When I say, "Charlie, do you want to go for a ride?" He runs to the front door with is tail wagging and a spring in his feet. When I ask if he wants a treat it's the same as telling him it's Trick 'n Treat on Halloween. When I lie on the couch he jumps up and lies down between my legs with his chin wherever he pleases. He stays there as long as I stroke his ears and under his chin.

As for having a dog I'm hooked on love.

I can hardly wait to see and hold him.

No comments: