Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Rocketman

Hackensack, Minnesota(pop 246) has a nice smallish movie theater called Bear Pause. Yesterday was another rainy, coolish, windy day so we took the opportunity to see the movie Rocketman which details the life of Elton John.

To say it was excellent, in my opinion, doesn't tell the entire story. Elton, born Reggie Dwight, was a child virtually ignored by his parents. He was a child prodigy on the piano which gave him an outlet for his loneliness. Aside from a loving grandmother his life was one of great sadness.

I've always been a great admirer of John's music. As a matter of fact I own eight of his CD's.

I wondered how much of the film was true but the credits at the end showed he was the Executive Producer so I have to believe his views have to be taken seriously.

Basically, his life was one of great sadness but in the end he came to grips with all those who hurt him so the film ended on an upbeat note.

I don't often go to movies but I feel this one is a real winner.

No comments: