Friday, May 15, 2020

All Hail Turkmenistan

Folks, I have to be more honest than honest. Until a few minutes ago I had never heard of the country of Turkmenistan. I was so desperate for information, and quickly, I went to the source; Wikipedia.

Turkmenistan (/tɜːrkˈmɛnɪstæn/ (About this soundlisten) or /tɜːrkmɛnɪˈstɑːn/ (About this soundlisten)TurkmenTürkmenistanpronounced [tʏɾkmɛnɪˈθtɑn], officially the Republic of TurkmenistanTurkmenTürkmenistan Respublikasy) is a sovereign country in Central Asia, bordered by Kazakhstan to the northwestUzbekistan to the north and eastAfghanistan to the southeastIran to the south and southwest and the Caspian Sea to the west. Ashgabat is the capital and largest city of the country. The population of the country is 5.6 million, the lowest of the Central Asian republics. Turkmenistan is one of the most sparsely populated nations in Asia.

If you're wondering why I brought this up I checked my page views for today. I had 2,000 kind(and most likely bored )readers. Of these 344 were from Turkmenistan. Hey, a guy has to do something when he's milking goats.

No comments: