Thursday, May 21, 2020

How Much Lower Can We Go

I'm dusgusted. I'm more than disgusted. Tonight on the Fox Network a new television show is on the air and it's called 'A Labor of Love'. Sounds cute, huh? It could be the title of a Hallmark movie.

Hosted by Kristin Davis, you remember her. She starred in 'Sex in the City' then was a failed gubernatorial candidate in New York.

I'll make this short and to the point. There will be fifteen guys vying for the job of being the selected winner by a 41 year old divorcee. The winner will then, as a prize, given the opportunity to impregnate her.

Are you as disgusted as I. I won't watch but I am interested in finding out what kind of slutbox was the selectee and, also, become more informed on the backgrounds of the guys. I'll bet some of their parents and relatives are quite proud.

On a personal note this story gets worse. My youngest son attended St. Charles Preparatory School in Bexley, Ohio. It's an all-boys Catholic High School and is academically outstanding. Sadly, one of the contestants from the Labor of Love show is a graduate of St. Charles. It takes all kinds.

This story reminds me of one that took place in Rock Island, Illinois and involved the school, also Catholic, in which I was teaching.

One of our illustrious graduates had been named the Playmate of the Month for Playboy magazine. She called the principal, a priest, to ask if some of her photos could be taken in front of the school. Of course, the principal told her to pound sand.

It takes all kinds.

No comments: