Saturday, May 23, 2020

My Brilliance Sometimes Overwhelms Me

I visited Kroger this afternoon to pick up some meds along with chips and cheese. There was a lady standing twenty feet from me waiting for her medications but also wearing a mask. I sort of yelled over to her, "Isn't it difficult to breath with that thing on?". She mumbled something but I think it was an affirmative.

I read a story two weeks ago about an elderly gentleman in Chicago. He was driving his vehicle wearing a mask and got into a crash. He told the police he lost consciousness; couldn't get enough oxygen.

As you know I do my best thinking when I don't have to think; usually in church or in bed at night. Remember the lady waiting for her medications? When I saw her a thought came across that I consider brilliant. Nobody and I mean nobody enjoys wearing a mask. I don't understand why they're even necessary if people keep their distance. We learned last week the virus cannot be picked up from granite counter tops so what's to worry?

Anyway, consider this. Take a pair of glasses. Have a thin bar run across the top. You'll have a cloth mask with a solid border with about an eighth of an inch of hardened material running around the border of the cloth. At the top and connect to the horizontal wire is a lever. Drop the lever and the mask drops around your face. Lift the lever and up comes the mask providing much needed shade and the ability to breathe.

Gosh, I'm good and they're only selling for $9.99

No comments: