Friday, July 17, 2020

If I'm At The DMV It Must Be Friday

Her Majesty sold me her Subaru SUV. At least we're keeping the money in the family. She bought an Acura with all the bells and whistles old people enjoy.

Anyway, I had to get the title changed this morning and pick up my new plates. It only took three hours but I did have the opportunity to speak through my muffled mask to a number of nice people.

During the course of the morning I learned Bill De Blasio is touting his crime prevention in NYC. It takes a lot of moxie to do this when your city's murder rate is up 277% in the last month. And another thing about Bill. He was on TV today saying there are fewer people in jail than ever. There probably are since the felons get out without bail money. The guy who attacked the Chief of Police this past week was released without bail. Murderers are released without bail.  Did you now that De Blasio has a different birth name. His early on background is more than interesting. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Bill-de-Blasio

Three hundred COVID testing centers in Florida all showed 100% positive tests. The only media outlet to announce this was a Fox channel out of Orlondo.

When we're talking COVID deaths with as many people there are in this country it's impossible to do anything other than generalize. For example, if I read that sex attacks are down by 60%. There'll be one person who says, "Yeah, but I know a person, etc. etc. etc. For your general information I had Rush on the radio. A doctor friend of his told him about another friend. The friend's wife was feeling horrid and went to the hospital. Three doctors announced the wife had coronavirus and was in such bad condition she would most likely die within the week.The husband wanted more tests. Come to find out she had Legionnaire's Disease. Two days later she was back on her feet. I wonder how many mis-diagnoses there have been.

Speaking of license plates: The Ohio legislature passed a law saying a driver only needs one plate and on the read end. I wonder why. What if a band robber jumps in his car and a citizen sees only the front end? He could only identify the grill. The interesting part is I still had to buy two plates which leads me to surmise the State needs the money or they have to provide activities for convicts. Government! Stupid, aren't the?

As a good citizen I frequently wrote letters to my congressmen and senators. Not any more. My congressman is a Republican who, in my opinion, warms his chair only. He won't respond to me and when it comes time to vote I won't respond either.

The Queen is leaving for our Minnesota lake place today. Three months ago she told me she didn't want to go this summer. I should have made book with Las Vegas-------bet my stock portfolio-----I'd be a very wealthy man.

Have a nice week-end. I know I will. I'm a bachelor again. I don't have to make my bed for a couple of weeks and I can eat off paper plates. Now, if I could find someone to walk Charlie at 7 am and 7 pm I'd be like a king.




No comments: