Tuesday, July 28, 2020

When Is Enough Enough

Ohio is one of those so-called big states. There are 13 million citizens in Ohio so politically it carries a lot of weight.

Presently, Ohio has a Republican governor but since the start of the pandemic one would wonder. Things began to slow down a few weeks back but lately Gov. Mike DeWine is panicking. He has the state in another lockdown because so many people have shown the signs of a cold-------er, COVID-19.

He went on television today(I thought this was over a long time ago) and told us about rising sickness cases and how we need to (1) wear a mask, (2) social distance and (3) I don't know because I shut off the picture box.

According to the governor the epicenter of COVID is in Allen County. It's in the northwest part of the state with its largest city being Lima. There are 102,000 people in the area. In the last thirty days 7 people have tested positive for COVID-19.

The only politician in Ohio outdoing the governor in being ridiculous is the mayor of Columbus, Andrew Ginther. Yes, he's a democrat so you get what you expect. A few days ago he, and the governor called for a complete lockdown of the state and city. If you go outside put on the mask. If you don't have one on your face you can expect to pay the price. I carry a letter with me wherever I go from my doctor explaining I have COPD and asthma. It probably wouldn't stop a fine but it gives me a chance.

I went to lunch with a longtime friend on Monday. There were six of us in the restaurant; two couples and my friend and I. In order to be courteous to him I decided to wear a mask as did he. We were the only Lone Ranger types. Then when the food came we took them off. This is easy to understand.

As I drive around I notice very few wearing masks. So many intelligent people running around I did not know.

Our mayor came to the conclusion we should shut down the bars at 10 pm. Why? Does the dreaded Coronavirus come out at ten? Does it prey on those with beer on their breath? If this happened, which it didn't because a local judge with brains overruled the Mayor. Continuing on, if the patrons didn't have a mask they could be fined $1,000. By closing at 10 the owners would have to lay off workers. A great deal of profit is made in bars after 10. If you don't believe me you've never spent much time in a bar.

So, let's say the customers are booted. Would they home? Gimme a break. They go to someone's home without masks, of course. They go to a Kum and Go, buy a case, and sit in the park.

I should run for mayor. I should run for governor. I'd be the most popular elected official since Al Smith.

2 comments:

jack said...

In the last two days 7/27 & 28 Allen county has had 39 new positive tests according to Allen county public health. Do not know where you get 7 in 30 days my friend.

jack said...

In fairness to my good friend MJ Hawkeye, I am from Az and we would be celebrating in the streets if we only had 39 cases in two days the Phoenix area.