Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The Easy Answer Is Avoid Chicago

There were times when I was driving to our Minnesota Lake cabin I'd go through downtown Chicago on I-90, I-94. It was fun to look at Comisky Park and the Sears Tower. Granted, one had to make the trip at the right time of day to avoid god awful traffic. After awhile I went around the west side of the City on I-290. It made for a shorter trip but I also had to pay tolls. From now on I'll make the trip by driving west to Bloomington, Illinois then up to Rockford picking up I-94. It adds an hour but is much safer than driving through the 'City of Big Shoulders'.

So far this year there have been 61 freeway shootings in Chicago. The Mayor says this pick up is due to Coronavirus. C'mon, people are frustrated so they had to take out their frustrations by killing people?


No comments: