Friday, June 4, 2010

California: Sort Of Goofy

California deserves itself. The legislature passed a law outlawing the use of plastic bags in grocery stores. Progressivism surely breeds ridiculous laws and costly ones to the economy, too. I've spent a few days in the Golden State at two different times; once in LA and the other in San Fran and the extreme northern part of the state. Lizzie and I had a nice time. The Giant Redwoods were majestic and Frisco was interesting. We did all the touristy things. I grew up a bunch that week; had a gay waiter serve us in a restaurant and didn't think twice about it. I even tipped him and very well.
I could go on and on about California and how "out of the mainstream it is" but why go to the trouble. One of two things are going to occur: the San Andreas Fault will decimate it or government budgeting or lack thereof will make it a ghost state. I have no relatives in California meaning I have no vested interest. What will be will be.

No comments: