Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lizzie Arrives--And Takes Charge

My wife arrived at the lake yesterday afternoon. Well, I drove to Minneapolis, parked at the airport lot($5 for a nineteen minute stop) and promptly returned to the lake with she riding shotgun. Round trip was eight hours, lunch stop included.
For two weeks I've been diligently keeping the cabin clean, through a man's eye. After attending 4 pm Mass we got back to our home. I was exhausted; took an hour nap. I awoke. Question to the Masterette, "Did you get to nap?" Answer, "No, just wanted to clean up a bit". Mental response; "I knew it". Fifteen minutes later and after a quick dinner I HAD to have a rest so I reclined on the couch; reading the latest on the computer, for three hours! I was extremely tired. Lizzie was out on the porch doing doing the cleaning job only wives can properly do---and the band played on.
'Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus': I have no idea what this means but it's the name of a book and it most likely has been mentioned on Oprah. This would be my take on it: Men chop wood, women do everything else.

No comments: