Tuesday, July 27, 2010

George Will Commentary

I happened to be in the doctor's office yesterday and began thumbing through magazines. There weren't that many that met with my approval e.g. I selected Newsweek for the week of July 26. George Will is a very insightful person and I knew he'd have a commentary somewhere. It was on the last page and it dealt with the upcoming senatorial race in California, Carly Fiorina vs. Barbara Boxer. If you don't know, Will is a conservative. I like him because he isn't a 'yeller', ala Chris Mathews, etc. When watching him on ABC Sunday Morning you can't count on him to remain quiet until the very last then he gives a salient comment. I also like him because he is proud of his Downs Syndrome child and accepts him for who he is---a valuable human being.
Getting back to Boxer: Will commented on her slightly modified form of infanticide. She supports "partial birth" abortion-the baby, delivered feet first is pulled out as far as the neck, then is killed. And, according to Will, when Boxer was asked during a Senate debate whether the baby has a right to life if it slips entirely out of the birth canal before being killed, she replied that the baby acquires that right when it leaves the hospital: When you bring your baby home".
Far be it from me to cast aspersions on Babs Boxer. After all I am an open minded person when it comes to crushing a babies skull. Yeah, right!

No comments: