Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Waste Of Time

I've learned a lesson in recent weeks. Actually, I knew the result six months ago but, like the guy who keeps hitting himself over the head with a hammer and looking for a different result, I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Every so often I'll see a piece of congressional legislation of which I either approve or disapprove and I'll write a note to Senator George Voinovich(R-Ohio, Senator Sherrod Brown(D-Ohio) and Rep. Pat Tiberi(R) from my Ohio congressional district. My questions and comments are pretty straight forward. I usually, upon receipt of the email, receive a note that says: "I am very busy at the time serving my constituents but will get back to you in due time."
Today, Tiberi answered my e-mail. Two weeks ago I inquired as to why he had not protested an Obama piece of legislation. His response went this way:
Dear MJ Hawkeye: I was so happy to receive your note and I must tell you that I remain a fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes and always will be. No, I do not eat peanuts when I have a beer but for some very special reason popcorn does hit the spot. I think it's very important that we, as your representation in Congress, make certain
that Cocker Spaniels as well as Doberman Pincher's are guaranteed rights duly provided by the ASPCA.
You think I'm kidding on this subject but I'm not. I've received the same type of messages from Voinivich as well as Brown. Brownie doesn't bother me all that much because I think he's one step shy of William Ayers and Voinovich is playing out the string before he retires. Tiberi is a different story, though. He's in for the long haul. It's not their fault, though. They are politicians so I should expect this type of treatment. And besides, it's only a waste of time

No comments: