Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Fashion Statement

I have a couple of questions about fashion, or lack thereof. Today, while at Wal-Mart waiting for a prescription to be filled MJ sauntered back to the men's clothing department. It was possible I might find a pair of Bermuda shorts. It seems all my brand newshorts I bought last year have shrunk. Wal-Mart has the market on 'cargo shorts'. Nobody but nobody wears those things. Then I spied what appeared to be shorts applicable to the finer style. My size ranges from a 40 to 36 depending on how much ice cream and M&M's I consume. At present I'm trending to a 36 EXCEPT a 36 isn't actually that. My size dress slacks is a 38 but that's with a stretch band in the waist. It should be a 40 in real numbers. This must be to make fat guys feel better about themselves. So, my question is, why can't clothier manufacturers put the waist stretches in Bermuda shorts? They don't. It seems like a very sensible process.
Back to the dress slacks, and this must be a cruel joke from some designer who is skinny and effeminate. When guys put on weight their pockets sort of stretch. The pockets are white. If I have on blue slacks but the white pockets show them people will think, "hey, look at the fat guy". Something has to be done about this.

No comments: