Monday, May 23, 2011

Storms

Is it only me or are we having an exceptionally high high number of severe storms. My heart goes out to the people of Joplin, Missouri just as it did for the folks in Alabama. I can relate to Joplin since I've been there. Someone will come out with a statement saying this is the "Wrath of God" and it's a sign of what's to come. Then we'll hear from a weather expert who will tell us nothing is out of the ordinary. It is unusual for tornadoes to hit large cities. I mean, who cares out a trailer court in Podunk, Iowa?
I was at the lake in Minnesota last year and there were thirty-four tornadoes in the state in one day.
The news from Missouri is a sad way to start the week. There is some good news regarding it though. A local high school was destroyed. The site for graduation for that school's seniors was changed to a local college. The tornado hit while commencement was taking place. Give praise on that one.

No comments: