Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Davenport teens charged in beating of elderly man


For those of you unfamiliar with the Quad-Cities USA it's an area of very eastern Iowa on the western side of the Mississippi River. The main metropolitan areas are composed of Davenport and Bettendorf. On the Illinois side you'll find Rock Island, Moline and East Moline. Someone should wise up the City Father's and tell them it's now the Quint Cities. Anyway, every day, because we lived in Davenport for fifteen years, I read the Quad City Times online for one reason; to see who died. Yesterday a headline caught my eye. "Davenport teens charged in beating of elderly man". I immediately thought, "those bastards". Then when I read the story I changed my mind. It changed from 'those' to 'you' referring to whoever did the news headline for the paper. The 'elderly man' who was throttled within an inch of his life was 68 years old. Elderly? That isn't elderly. Eighty is elderly. Being in a wheelchair with Alzheimer's, deaf and with no teeth is elderly. Sixty-eight is not, and I repeat, not, elderly.
Check out the 16 year old punk in the picture. Granted, he had an accomplice but sixteen is nothing for a kick ass dude like me. When older people are attacked by thugs the police tell us to give in and give these hooligans whatever they want. Not me. A sixteen year old might think he's tough but he's not tough enough to stop a bullet.
Elderly at sixty-eight, Quad City Times! I don't think so.

No comments: