Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quashing Rumors

I wanted my readers to know that I am not hiring a lawyer for the express purpose of suing any party for mesothelioma. I do not have mesothelioma. It was important for me to clarify this due to the fact that this pitiful ad is on television eight hundred thousand times a day. I will also never buy Geico insurance because of a pig that says, "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in a series of ads that make as much sense as taking a sledge hammer to a newly purchased Porsche. Nationwide is also on this list because it is not on my side and the guy in the commercial cannot sing which makes his voice sound like roofing nails being scraped over a washboard. Is there anything that comes close to being more obnoxious than the State Farm ads when eighteen year olds demand hot, sexy babes be provided by an insurance agent by saying, "like a good neighbor State Farm is there" and POOF! There she is, ready to give him the rubdown of his life. Have these producers ever considered that maybe some people actually get turned off by the third grade type boobs and booty ads? Lord Almighty, Tinkerbelle in my bedroom would be more believable.
There was a court case settled in the Florida Panhandle two weeks ago. One Toyota dealer sued another Toyota dealer and was awarded five million dollars. The man who won the judgement was an Iranian and his competitor, in television ads, referred to his business as 'The Taliban Toyota' dealership. Now that is one funny commercial.

No comments: