Friday, April 15, 2016

Dumb Things People Do

Life has twists and turns. After a round of golf at my club in Hilliard Ohio I stopped into the parking lot of the Dollar Store to pick up a birthday card for a college buddy.

I sat for awhile, fifteen minutes maybe, listening to Michael Medved on the radio talking about this that or the other thing, mostly conservative stuff.

At on point in the scenario I looked to my left and noticed a rather obese women leaning on her car looking frustrated. After fifteen minutes I asked her if she needed assistance. Her response was this.

I've been watching the car next to me for a half hour. There's a dog inside and the windows are shut. Did I mention it was 78 degrees outside? The woman told me she had called the police to rescue the pooch.

I sat for awhile, fifteen minutes, when a rather attractive red head approached the vehicle. The perpetrator of the so-called crime alert informed the 'hot' looking lady her dog was under  a heat alert and she, being a good citizen, had called the police.

The criminal said in a calm voice, "Did you look at the window on the passenger side of the front seat. It's half way down(or up, if you prefer)".

This is unique. A citizen thinks they're doing the right thing but they don't. How much effort would it have taken to walk to the other side of the car? Not much, I'd say.

Yes, I am a chauvinist. The person who called the police was extremely obese. The owner of the car was hotter than hot.

By the way, I hung around for another twenty minutes and the police never did show up. They must have been eating donuts.

No comments: