Monday, April 11, 2016

National Siblings Day. Who Knew?

A great way to kill time is stalking Facebook. Every so often I'll make a comment but they are mostly inane.

I saw a picture today of my long time buddy surrounded by his brothers and sister. It was from many, many years ago. What surprised most was the heading, 'Happy Siblings Day' which took place on April 10.

I'm what most folks would consider hip. I like to think I know what's going on in the world but Siblings Day caught me by surprise.

It's only been in existence for a couple of decades and is not, at this time, recognized as a national holiday. My suspicion is Hallmark and American Greetings will soon change this.

According to some research this is the day to remember and honor your bro's and sis's.

Seriously? Wouldn't it be much more fun remember how we teased, made fun of and fought while growing up? I was kind of a creep brother, anyway, so I can't add much to the celebration.

Regardless, I'll now salute my sisters, both of them. It might be they're old enough to forget their ratty little brother.

No comments: