Saturday, April 23, 2016

Only Because I Know Next To Nothing About Prince

Did you hear about the musical icon, Prince, dying? It's been in all the papers, on television, in magazines, on TMZ and, I betting, in the National Enquirer.

Years ago while in Minneapolis a friend of mine and I were driving in Chanhassen, Minnesota, a suburb of the Twin Cities. We drove by a complex and he said, "This is where Prince lives" I was so impressed I uttered, "Oh".

I don't want to speak poorly of the dead. Who knows. I may meet up with them sometime. My eldest son knows every thing about movies, songs, stars, comic book heroes and life in general. My boy knows the origins of every super hero. Name a song dating to the 50's and he can tell you the artist and sing the words.

He told me he had a number of Prince CD's he doesn't listen to. Evidently CD's are passe'. He has a gizmo called Bluetooth whatever the hell that is so I'm receiving his Prince music.

Truth be told I do enjoy listening to The Artist called Prince.

I found a list of the top selling Prince records. You might want to look at them for reference.

40. When Doves Cry (PR)
39. Peach (One Nite Alone... Live! Song here, but content warning on the static image and lyrics: Peach)
38. Nothing Compares 2 U
37. I Feel For You (Prince, self-titled)
36. New Position (PUTCM)
35. It (SOTT)
34. Do U Lie? (PUTCM)
33. Darling Nikki (PR)
32. The Beautiful Ones (PR)
31. Do Me, Baby (DM)
30. Partyman (Batman soundtrack)
29. International Lover (1999)
28. Cream (two minute intro, skip past) (D&P)
27. Sign O' The Times (SOTT)
26. P***y Control (The Gold Experience)
25. Sometimes It Snows In April (PUTCM)
24. If I Was Your Girlfriend (SOTT)
23. The Ladder (ATWIAD)
22. Pop Life (ATWIAD)
21. Jack U Off (Controversy)
20. Baby I'm a Star (PR)
19. Let's Pretend We're Married (1999)
18. Take Me With U (PR)
17. DMSR (1999)
16. Delirious (1999)
15. Alphabet Street (LS)
14. Little Red Corvette (1999)
13. Automatic (1999)
12. Let's Go Crazy (PR)
11. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man (SOTT)
10. Controversy (Controversy)
9. When You Were Mine (DM)
8. Kiss (PUTCM)
7. I Would Die 4 U (PR)
6. I Wanna Be Your Lover (Prince, self-titled)
5. Erotic City (single B-side)
4. Purple Rain (PR)
3. 1999 (1999)
2. Raspberry Beret (ATWIAD)
1. U Got the Look (SOTT)

No comments: