Wednesday, April 27, 2016

One More Aspect About Facebook

A few years ago I wrote a post about Facebook and what a loser site it was for anyone. Then, I relented and started looking. Mostly it was because I wanted to see what my children were up to and to see photos of my grandchildren.

In the process I looked up a man who was a very, very good friend of mine in the 1970's. In addition, I wrote him  a letter letting him know how badly I felt about our losing contact and hoped we could reconnect. I never heard back.

Not to be squelched in my quest I went on Facebook and there he was. Each and every post was more liberal than the previous one posted. Actually, they were hateful in nature against anyone who ever voted for a candidate without a D after their name. Regardless, I contacted him via Facebook. Every so often I would counter something he wrote with a conservative item. Guess what? After two of these he removed me from his Facebook account. I wasn't surprised.

Liberals work this way. They proclaim to be open minded but when they disagree the conservative becomes a pariah. So much for free speech and civil discourse.

Tonight I made a comment on a Facebook page of a women, maybe age 63, who has been a significant part of my life since 1966. She was like a sister to me. Her mother is the mother I never had. Her older sister and I were the best of friends. I once told her, when Obama was elected and if we were to keep our friendship, to never send me a gloating email about Obama. She did it four times. So much for that friendship.

As for the 63 year old lawyer I received a Facebook response this evening. Don't email me again.

How sad it is. Once again, liberals can dish it out but when it comes to common sense discourse it isn't there. Good God, what a horrible way for them to live.

No comments: