Tuesday, April 19, 2016

It's A Different World

My golf tee time was for 10:00 a.m. today. It's a fifteen minute drive from Dublin to The Heritage Golf Club in Hilliard, Ohio. On the way I pass Hilliard Davidson High School and saw the school flags were at half mast.

In past years I would have had to give thought as to the reason for the flag half way up. Had a senator of congressmen died? What about some other head of state? In times of war the flag would be in this position for soldiers from the area. Is it me or are we witnessing a massive amount of lowering the flag>\?

Anyway, I knew immediately what it was all about. A Columbus police office and a native of a Columbus suburb, Westerville, was shot and killed by a no good thug. I'm sure his family and other relatives will say he had problems. Isn't that the way it always works?

The officer was a pillar of the community, highly decorated and highly respected. He had a wife and grown children. He attended St. Paul's Catholic Church in Westerville. To the credit of the three major television networks in Columbus the entire funeral service was carried live. Four thousand citizens were in attendance as Steven Smith was laid to rest.

Here's my gripe. I am so sick and tired of these murders. I'll wait for our president to call the survivors and offer his condolences. It won't happen because it hasn't yet occurred.

I am irritated that I will constantly be given these words from the media: "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family". Enough is enough.

The war in Iraq, according to Pres. Obama, ended in 2011. He removed all the troops. The liberal media and liberals, in general, cheered the man of  Hope and Change.

As of today there are 4,067 American Armed Forces in Iraq fighting ISIS. Have your heard this from the NY Times, The LA Times or any other liberal media? I didn't think so.

Under the current administration 309,000 illegal felons have been released back into society. What am I missing?

No comments: