Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"My God, This Makes Me Feel So Old"



It was last night I flopped onto a motel bed in Port Clinton, Ohio. A very good friend, a former customer of mine, offered to take me fishing onto Lake Erie.

Anyway, I was bamboozled about my Cubbies. I guess you could say I was nervous and also excited as they tried to close out the San Francisco Giants in game 4. Regardless, the game started at 9:30 pm EST and I nodded off. My bladder isn't what it used to be so I awakened at 10 and checked the score on my computer. The Giants were up 1-0. Again, at 11pm I felt nature calling and read the computer. The Giants were ahead 5-2. "Uh-oh," I said, "Game five will be in Chicago". Cub fans are negative, always waiting for the guillotine to drop. Anyway, I awakened at whatever time it happened to be, looked at me computer screen and it was the top if the 9th with my beloved Cubbies down 5-2 so I went to bed knowing the next time I saw them would be at Wrigley Field.

Actually, there's no need to go on with this scenario. If you happen to be a Cub fan you know they scored 4 in the 9th to win.

I was looking at a sports blog and saw a picture of the great comedian and Cub fan, Bob Newhart(shown above). Can you believe he's 87 years old? I was shocked. Good God! He's going to die soon. First, it was Rodney Dangerfield and now Bob Newhart isn't far behind.

Sometimes, life sucks big time.

No comments: