Tuesday, September 19, 2017

4.000 And Counting

I'm more than pleased the market us up over 4,000 points since Trump took office. Know why? It's because I have more money to do with as I wish in my declining years. Ain't life grand?

Naturally, there will be the naysayers, the foolish ones, who will say the market is for the rich while the common man suffers. Ah Pshaw! If these people wanted more money in their wallets they couldn've have given up beer, cigarettes and potato chips not to mention cable TV. Crimminy sake, we'd been married 8 years before we broke down and bought cable and that's only because we didn't get Sesame Street on regular television. I didn't want my kids to think I was a complete ogre.

Back in the 80's the queen and I were living off 14K per year yet we slugged $20 a month into the market. It was a start.

I've known people who complain about investments and yet are clueless. I once knew a guy who bemoaned the fact that people made money off of big tobacco. He was a school teacher and was in Zombie Land when it came to the fact that his 401K investments, partially, were going to P. Lorillard.
Twenty years ago The Queen had a broker out of Des Moines who handled her finances. She told him she wanted to put her money in a new, thriving company. He told her she was nuts. The company? It was called Apple. Three new cars later____________.Some win and some lose.

I'm sort of diggin' this 4K increase in the market. We may have to take another trip to Europe.

Hey, you can't  take it with you, pards!

No comments: