Friday, September 22, 2017

Cedar Rapids Iowa And A Young Kid In Need Of Help

I read the Cedar Rapids(Iowa) Gazette every morning for a number of reasons. Primarily, as with other major newspapers that charge a fee, the Gazette does not. Cedar Rapids is located in east central Iowa with a population of around 'I don't know' up to three hundred thousand.

The City is bisected by I-380 running from Waterloo to I-80 on the west side of Iowa City twenty miles to the south. If one happens to reside in the Hawkeye State this is THE place to be. Halfway through CR I can see Coe College, my school of lower learning. If you'll recall I once received two D's and an F for one quarter and my GPA skyrocketed upward.
The Cedar Rapids Gazette gives me the news on the Hawkeyes And Cyclones--for free. I used to enjoy reading stories about prep coaches and Iowa High School sports but since all the coaches of my era are now retired or dead what's the point.

In this morning's issue a reporter, Makayla Tendall, wrote a piece on(oh how I hate to get into this): global warming on Iowa farms. The premise of the study, of course, dealt with animal flatulence.

I sent Ms. Tendall a note on faux GW: anytime, anyplace, anywhere and she responded back asking for my link. It came from Investors Business Daily, not exactly Mad Magazine. It was obvious from her photo she was a youngster so I treated her kindly, not as though she was Michael Moore.

I responded to Ms. Tendall again: 'One link? I could send you three thousand links". Hasn't this women
ever heard of DuckDuckGo?

For your benefit I've placed a paragraph or so from Investors Business Daily on the latest about global warming:
"And, of course, he's quite right. As we've noted here numerous times, the much-feared "global warming" trend seems to have halted somewhere around 1998. We know this is true because satellite temperature readings — the most accurate temperature gauge since it takes in the entire atmosphere, not just parts of it — show there's been virtually no change.
Based on the U.N.'s models, temperatures should have been shooting up sharply starting in about 1995. By this year, model temperatures show we should have had just under a 1.0 degree centigrade rise in temperature, a significant temperature spike in what is, in geological time, an extremely short period. It was those models that were used to sell the world on the idea that we needed a drastic reordering of our global economic priorities immedialy.
The reality: virtually no change in temperature. Put simply, the models are wrong.
Investors Business Daily
I have a question for all of you, especially those who believe in GW or Satan and not God or Aliens who have inhabited the inner core of the earth for millions and millions of years. Heck, if someone could explain Scientology to me without mentioning 'give us your money' I'd be thrilled to death.

1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.