Thursday, September 28, 2017

Are College Football Fans Insane

Yes, even though I'm Iowa born and bred and love my Hawkeyes and Cyclone I've lived in misery in Ohio State Buckeye territory for 29 years. It's not like I detest the Buckeye football team. I just don't care if they win or lose.

Being a former high school football coach in Iowa and Illinois, though, it's more than fair that I can make some observations about Buckeye 'fans'. I'll keep it succinct. They're nuts.

As an example, Ohio State has a quarterback by the name of J.C. Barrett. He's been around for four years. As a matter of fact he was injured during the playoffs a few years ago before the Buckeyes won a National Championship.

Fast forward to 2017. The Ohio State team was decimated in the second game of the season by an excellent Oklahoma team. J.C. Barrett was lambasted by readers who sent in letters to the Columbus Dispatch, the major newspaper in Central Ohio, saying that Barrett should be benched, that he was not up to the task.

Obviously, being a former coach I say, 'what a bunch of non-jock wearing wannabees. J.C. Barrett, after Ohio State destroys Rutgers this week-end will become the all-time passing leader in the illustrious history this University.

Granted, I could really care less about the ensuing scenario. Really, I don't care.It's that it's frustrating and a joke that jock sniffers think they know more than those who know the game.

I once was sitting next to a guy in a bar who was bitching and moaning about the offense the Cleveland Browns were running. I took a napkin and a pen and asked him to write a Pro set for me. He was clueless.

Doing something like this is the best way to shut people up,

No comments: