Tuesday, September 26, 2017

This 'N That From Dublin, Ohio

Many of our citizenry are upset that Trump inserted himself into the NFL's business when there are more important issues to be settled in the world. I sort of felt this way when Obama demanded transgender bathrooms.

With age comes maturity. I watched my Iowa Hawkeyes lose to to Penn State on the last play of the game. I then shut off the TV and lights and slept like a baby-------I cried all night long.

Think back to the time you heard a song you absolutely listened to over and over until it make you barf. That's how I feel about the phrase, 'gone viral' and 'understanding diversity'.

The most hated people in this country happen to be Caucasians. That's because our 'white privilege' has made it so.

Is it just me or does it seem as though Hollywood is putting out garbage films? Her Majesty and I used to visit the cinema every Friday but it's been slim pickings for awhile. Speaking of which, we are viewing a film on Epix TV called The Cokeville Miracle. It's a true story, a faith based film and miraculous in it's ending.

Put August of 2018 on your schedule. That's when the Dublin Irishfest takes place. It's also when our favorite group, We Banjos 3, will return. The show costs the price of three canned goods on Sunday. Ladies and gentleman, you will never hear a better sound. Why not go to YouTube and give yourself a treat.

Two more days and the temperatures in Central Ohio return to normal. And by normal I don't mean in the 90's. Ask me how I feel in four months.

Every guy has favorite celebrities; guys they'd love to hang out with. Two of my three favorites are Bill Murray and Vince Vaughn. I'd love to be in the Cubbie Bear with them then attend a Chicago Cubs game. The third man is Tom Selleck. He just seems like a very likeable man of principle. Oh yeah, Peyton Manning qualifies. too. He is so very, very funny.

I'm bragging of course. My ten year old granddaughter swimming for the Scottsdale, Arizona Swim Club received firsts in her first meet: the 60 yard free style, the butterfly and broke stroke. Don't credit me. I'm afraid to submerge myself in a bathtub.


1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.