Monday, December 31, 2018

Anti-Catholic Bigots In The Senate

These two Democratic senators are waging a bigoted campaign against Catholics


Senators Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirono (Democrats of California and Hawaii, respectively) are challenging the nomination of Brian Buescher to the US District Court for Nebraska because he belongs to a religious organization that takes positions they describe as “extreme.” Which organization?
The Knights of Columbus.
There are several problems with that. For one, the Constitution explicitly forbids imposing any religious test for public office, which is what Sens. Harris and Hirono here propose to do for the federal judiciary. The second and related issue is that it is not the Knights of Columbus that opposes abortion and same-sex marriage, but the Catholic Church. 
NY Post
Personally, even though I'm Catholic in good standing I've never considered joining the Knights. The only affiliation I've ever had with them was when they sponsored my Little League Baseball team in the 50's.
Some have asked me why I never joined. Easy answer. They wear funny hats.
See the source image

No comments: