Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Is Your Life A Bore

My suspicion is there are people who wake up in the morning and the first thought is, I wish bedtime would come around. They stay in their homes watching TV. Food is microwaved to save time to further embellishment their boredom.

A lack of boredom could involve the good and the bad and that's why I always keep a small notebook in my pocket in case things happen I do not want to forget.

For example, last night I dropped my computer on the floor. I let it lie there for fifteen minutes. When I did pick it up and opened the cover----Well, the screen was shattered. I'm used to this. For the third year in a row, at this same time of year, I've destroyed a computer. As for the positive on this, third times a charm, right? How many times have I told you my irresponsibility and carelessness fuels our economy? Merchants depend on me to make their Christmas quota.

This morning I took off for my favorite computer place. I'm on a first name basis with these guys. As I walked in the store I felt for my wallet. It wasn't in my pocket and I remembered it was on our kitchen counter. Getting to this store is not like walking across the street. It's a half hour drive each way.

The amazing aspect of this scenario is I did not drop an F bomb or any other type of expletive.

Back home I drove and fortunately was upstairs so I quietly sneaked into the condo and I was off again without her knowing what an idiot I am. I did find the computer to service me and, viola, it was an upgrade for the same one I had at the same price. That's called good news. Home I drove.

As soon as I sat down to work at my new purchase the hotmail message key was opened. I had close to 30 of them. Sadly, when I opened them up the screen was blank. Did I curse? No.

Back to the computer store and had a technician fix the naughty little mind blowing nonsensical thank you not, Al Gore, piece of frustration.

I spent two hours driving time today. I could have made a trip from Dublin to Wheeling W.V.

All is well and good and it's certainly much better than for those people who hate getting out of bed in the morning. Except, they aren't out a couple hundo.

No comments: