Tuesday, December 18, 2018

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

It's been quite awhile since the This 'N That guy made an appearance. This is too bad because there are many noteworthy observances going on in our area.

I used to carry a small notebook with me to jot down 'interesting' or 'ridiculous' aspects of everyday life.

Yesterday I was driving into town and noticed a car to my right on the curbside lane. I hadn't seen this car sticker in some time. It read 'Baby on Board'. You've seen them. Anyway, the first thought I had was "Dammit, I was going to smash into that car until I read his sticker". It gets better. We both were stopped at a red light and he was busy on his iPhone.

There's a movement going on to close down Dollar Stores. An organization says it takes away business from established grocery stores. If this happens where will I be able to purchase cheap chips?

The Queen has a hankerin' to buy a pooch. She wants a house doggie, one over 7. I don't know why this is the magic number. My only fear is it'll croak in 5 years causing me to go into a great depression over something I don't want in the first place.

Our neighbor's 11 year old daughter brought over some Christmas cookies for us made by herself. That sort of kindness in this day is refreshing.

Do you want to feel like a winner and not a loser? I've had a Smart Phone for almost a year and learned how to sort of understand it 9 months ago. There's an app on it to play games. Out of boredom I'll play solitaire. Guess what? I've determined that 90% of the time the first time one plays a game(there are 20 available) you will win. It might have something to do with advertising.

For some reason I always decide to lose weight at the start of the Christmas season. It's been two weeks of no carbs, no sugar and I'm holding fast.

I read a study(never trust studies) saying 85% of men over 50 suffer significant hair loss. Suffer? Does your head or hair hurt when this happens? Anyway, I've taken the opposite path. My head, at age 72, looks like the Great Eastern Forest.

I was at Kroger's last week to pick up some necessaries. Kroger's has a big lot. Guess what? I couldn't find my car. Talk about feeling stupid. Then you'll say something to a person stupider. "Hey Lady, have you seen my car"? They always laugh so I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this problem.
My car doesn't have a beeper. I should buy a flag to display.

If you receive the Sundance Channel or We TV they are constantly showing the Law and Order reruns. Sundance is showing all 456 episodes. This might be the best series of all time. Did you know that Jerry Orbach aka Lenny Briscoe did his entire 7 year stint suffering from cancer?

I wonder how many people have lost a spouse, job, friend by posting an item on social media. I used to be on Facebook. I would read postings from acquaintances, mostly political, and realize they just lost half their friends.


No comments: