Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Hallmark Channel Drinking Game/ It's A Winner

The Queen and I went to dinner last evening with couples from her Bible Babe group. I'd never met these folks before and, for me, that is dangerous. When I don't know people I tend to make flip comments, usually bad and insulting ones. Last night, I think, I was on my best behavior.

Right before eating one of the ladies brought up Hallmark Christmas movies. "Hey, I'm an expert on these things", I said. She brought up a movie and GASP, I didn't recall seeing it.

But I did turn the conversation to my gain when I mentioned I'd read an article about a new game called the Hallmark Drinking Game. It's quite easy to play. (1) grab a shot glass, (2) secure your favorite bottle of liquor. (3) Whenever a certain common event or word occurs on the movie everyone has to gulp down their favorite choice of booze. In my case it would be Gentleman Jack Daniels Sippin' Whisky.

The Hallmark Channel has become a cult favorite all across the country. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, from 2 pm est until the wee hours of the morning you can fall in love with a past love all over again.

Yeah, these shows and scripts are sappy and stupid, e.g. a girl tries to win a Christmas cookie making contest, or an ice sculpture contest. A women lives in New York and has a serious boyfriend but for some stupid reason has to go back to her hometown for a thousand and one reasons, usually to shut down a Christmas lodge owned by her company. Invariably she'll, in the first scene, run into her old high school boyfriend who he or she unceremoniously dumped. Inevitable sparks may or may not fly but in the end----------well, why should I ruin it for you?

There are certain givens in each film and when these givens happen you get to swallow your beverage.

Pretty neat, huh? I think the entire point of the game is to make absolutely certain every player is completely hammered by the beginning of the first commercial. This is almost a given.

Hats off to whoever came up with this. Milton/Bradley needs to make an investment.


hallmark-drinking-game

No comments: