Wednesday, December 26, 2018

How Many Think About The Price Of Gasoline

I and you know who were driving home from Mass Christmas Eve. We decided to attend out old church on West Broad Street in Columbus. The Church is located in what could be called a not so pleasant area. We were surprised to be greeted at the front door by one of Columbus' finest, Officer Friendly. I inquired as to why his presence is now required. It wasn't that way when we were members.

He told us there had been some issues beginning in March. Gee, I thought, I don't know why, said I sarcastically. Across the street is a dilapidated motel. Used syringes cover the sidewalk like a carpet. The motel itself doesn't cater to the upscale of society. Most of the men register as John and the females go by Brandi or Trixie.

Even so, and I've mentioned this before, the congregants are passionate the the former pastor is a saint on earth. Ten years ago the church was falling apart. The pastor, without any cash on hand and little prospects of getting any because his congregation didn't have two nickels to rub together did the unthinkable. He hired a company out of Findlay, Ohio to put in wooden floors and make the ceiling as beautiful as the Sistine Chapel.

Upon completion of the job the owner of the company handed the father a bill for $275,000. At the bottom it read, paid in full. Pray for me.

Isn't that a wonderful story at this time of year?

As we drove home on West Broad I made the Queen get on the floor to avoid stray bullets. I drove by a United Dairy Farm station and it read, Gas-$1.86. That's as low as I've seen it for quite some time.

In Dublin, Ohio, one of the most exclusive communities around fuel is going for anywhere from $1.96 to $2.06 per.

I remember when a certain president announced that gasoline 'will necessarily have to go to $8.00 per gallon'.

Folks, stop and think about how good you have it in regard to gasoline and the money it puts in your pocket right now.

I have a 12 gallon tank in my Toyota. At $2.00 we're talking $24.00. At $3.00 it's $36.00 At $8 per gallon for you people who only do new math I'll save you some time. It's $96.00.

If you have children that's a lot of cash left over for pens and books for school.

People who complain every just might quit their bitchin' and enjoy how good the times are for all of us.

No comments: