Monday, December 21, 2020

It's A Day To Celebrate

 My good buddy, the Council Bluffs Cowboy, and I always celebrate today, December 21. Oh, it's not because it's the first day of winter. The reason is the days start getting longer with sunlight and will do so up to and including June 21. Who says there isn't a Supreme Being? Can you imagine without one there'd be no rhyme nor reason to they way galaxies function.

In addition, if you live in a part of the country that is not overcast, unlike Columbus Ohio you should be able to catch a glimpse of the Star of Bethlehem. Open the link and you know the best times and places to watch this one in an 800 year event.

https://www.wfla.com/news/national/the-christmas-star-is-coming-heres-how-to-watch/

I found some information that might win some of you a bar bet. Gilligan's Island TV Show garnered thousands of viewers during it's time on the air waves. Don't ask me why. Maybe it had something to do with the watchers being braindead. Be that as it may Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 90% likeable rating.

What you may not know and this is where the bar bet comes into play. When the call first went out for cast members the captain's role was offered to Carroll O'Conner. I do believe he made the better choice. As for sweet Mary Ann it was Raquel Welch who was wanted by the producers. She'd have been my choice and I might have been convinced to watch an episode or two. And, finally, the beautiful and voluptuous Ginger was hopefully going to go to Jayne Mansfield. She's the only only who flubbed. In a few short months she would lose her life in a car accident. So, there you go. 

Someone, I don't know who, released two Burmes Pythons into the Florida Everglades in the 1990's. Anyway, there are now 1,000 of the bad boys creating havoc with the ecosystem. There are bounty hunters who go into the Glades in hopes of gathering these critters that can grow up to 23 feet in length but when mama python drops a clutch of 40 to 50 eggs at a time the guys can't catch up. There's a new method achieving success. Dogs have learned how to sniff out the slithery beasts. Cool, huh? Charlie, I have a job for you.

Today is also the beginning of the college bowl season. I cannot tell you in strongest enough words how excited I am to look in on Applachian St. as they knock heads with North Texas. Honestly, the only aspect of each team I can tell you is I am knowledgeable of the towns in which they're located which puts me a leg up on most other folks. Hey! I just realized. It's another bar bet.

No comments: