Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm A Naughty Boy

I had a situation yesterday that caught me by surprise and forced me to be deceitful but in a good sort of way, I hope. Needing a new med prescription I tried calling my doc buddy. I misdialed and rung up a fella who gave the standard, 'hello". "Hmmmm, I thought'. This doesn't sound like Curt so I said, "I might have called the wrong number. Who is this?". Well, we bantered back and forth for awhile asking cat and mouse questions. Finally, I needed to get to the point and quickly, so I asked, "Is this Curt"?. There was an extended silence then my phone counterpart came back with, "No silly, it's your Dad". I thought this was really interesting since my Dad died in 1994. What the heck, I thought, maybe I can make this guy's day better. In the course of three minutes our nothing conversation was peppered with these questions from yours truly: what are you going to do today; how's Mom; what are her plans; what's on TV this afternoon; is it snowing at your place? What I did not say was; cook dinner for me toinght, I'll be there at 6; take the car out front and I'll change your oil; go to the bank and withdraw $5,000 for me so I can go to Florida with my new girlfriend. I ended the call by saying;" give mom a hug for me and I'll see you later".
Am I going to go to hell for this?

No comments: