Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Road To Communism

Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.), the House majority whip, said that trying to find greater savings in the budget, which was released by President Barack Obama this morning, wouldn't help alleviate the recession."We've got to make some decisions here as to what's in the best interests of our country going forward," Clyburn said during an appearance on Fox News. "And I think the best interest is to invest in education, control these deficits, while at the same time trying to get people back to work.
"We're not going to save our way out of this recession," the majority whip added. "We've got to spend our way out of this recession, and I think most economists know that."

Mr. Clyburn, you are stupid. Granted, it's what Joe Biden told us late last year when he said, "we have to spend money to save money". Coming from a liberal Democrat I understand this type of thinking and that's why I'm making a visit to Dick's Sporting Goods this morning. February is a fantastic month for a trip to Dick's. It's the end of the year and time to get rid of last year's stock. Fishing lures are 20% off list price. If I buy $100 worth of Rapala's best I'll be saving $20. My grandson is going to be five and a half this spring. I think he's due for one of those fancy Rawlings baseball mitts; regular price is $139.00 but with a 30% discount: Well, already I'm ahead of the game. This is great! Wait until my wife gets home so I can tell her how brilliant I am and what I've done for our savings account. Dang it! I drove right by Golfsmith yesterday afternoon. I know I could have saved more cash for us by shopping the store. I've got five putters but anyone, even a non-golfer, can always use another.
People, our governmental leaders are absolutely, positively nuts! On a final note, chew on this for awhile. Obama's budget calls for raising $1.1 trillion dollars in increased taxes. Those in the top 1% of earners will be paying 44% of all taxes. Fifty percent of all people living in this country will pay nothing; not a dime to the federal government in the form of taxes. My Dad would have loved this. He felt the government owed him cash for just being able to breathe. And why wouldn't he. He loved FDR. Once again, it's follow the money. It always is. Half the people pay nothing but receive all the benefits. Isn't that the way communism works?

No comments: