Tuesday, December 21, 2010

305.9

Damned fine header, don't ya' think? Are you still asking yourself, "what's this 305.9 he's writing about"? Smart folks already know. Taking a trip to a buddy's to return a golf club I passed my local United Dairy. It's where I buy that ever so good, strawberry cheesecake ice cream. It's also where I buy gasoline and smack dab in front of me was the sign. Is it possible I've ever paid that much for gas per gallon, ever?. If so, I don't recall it. The vomit inducing thing, though, is that very same UD store, just two days ago, was at 2.69. Every station passed by my little Mazda had the same price and I went by 50 or sixty stations, at least. Oops! A Shell station was at 304.9. Prior to the last election Obama thought fuel might go to 4.00 but he didn't think as quickly. He felt it'd be after Cap and Trade went into effect and it'd be good the the American people. As Desi Arnez might have said, "splain that one to me, Luci".
One of my friends who worked in the oil industry could explain to me the reasons for rises and falls in pricing. I suspect it has something to do with futures markets along with supply and demand but what do I know. For your convenience and to save drive time wasting fuel go to www.gasbuddy.com to find out the less expensive gas prices in your area. Thank me with a personal check, please.

No comments: