Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Is Obama Spiderman?

The Arrogant One held a news conference prior to Christmas vacation touting his lame duck accomplishments and even mentioning 'bipartisanship'. It was at this moment I flipped channels and went to reruns of NCIS. I shouldn't have. Number One son called immediately after his speech and said, "Dad, he thinks he's Peter Parker" aka, Spiderman. Recall the scene in Spiderman I The Movie, when Ben Parker, Peter's uncle, gives the boy wonder some much needed advice about his newly acquired abilities:, "With great power comes greater responsibility". Haunting, isn't it!
I knew my boy wouldn't steer me in the wrong direction since he's a super hero aficionado so I googled the phrase. Yep, there it was, all over the internet. BHO had quoted Uncle Ben. Barry should never try to trick the 'in' crowd. They can ferret out phoniness quicker than I can pluck a nose hair. Some people reference Abe Lincoln, some Ronald Reagan but, you, Mr. President, cited a Marvel comic book character. Who next, Bozo the Clown?
Maybe our leader should seriously consider new speech writers, some who've read and can quote from the Constitution.

No comments: