Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What Am I Missing

Home again from the bigger than huge trip to Texas. I need to gather my thoughts on a myriad of subjects before informing you of the interesting and not so interesting facets of our two week adventure. As you might well imagine the windshield time allowed for a great deal of talk radio. After my dose of Rush I successfully found stations carrying Michael Medved. He fascinates me. First, he's a former liberal who found the light. In addition to political discussions he is very learned in the arts and has guests to compliment the shows format. Medved does something that your normal run of the mill hosts don't. He poses questions to his audience and, for the most part, his callers are of a liberal bent. I'm amazed at how well he handles them. Yesterday, he posed the question: "if the Obama taxes go through how will this decrease the deficit"? Pretty simple, huh? Well, answers were the typical class warfare ones. Medved made one very salient statement. Regardless of who controls the congress whenever taxes are raised spending also rises----every time! According to Mr. Medved, for every dollar taken in due tax increases congress further increases spending by 1.17. Hey, why not. It's your money not theirs.
I doubt that congress will not enact the Obama tax increases but I do have a dog in this fight. My three children will see their federal income taxes go up. One of them would be $2,900, another at $4,900 and the third at $9,000. What am I missing? I was under the impression that Obama promised the American people that anyone making less than $250,000 would not see their taxes go up one single dime. I know I heard him say this often on the campaign trail. You don't think he said this to get elected, do you? Democrat suckers!

No comments: