Monday, January 3, 2011

Government! What A Joke

There was laughter all around after my mid-morning experience. Some things that happen are too classic not to share.
Since I'm turning 65 this month a questionnaire from the federal government was sent to the house asking me to fill out information necessary for I don't know what. It had to do with am I still employed, the type of insurance provided, any diseases I might have while working, black lung, etc. There are four pages to be completed. Since I'm retired I could do only one thing, sign my name and put N/A in all other spaces provided.

Naturally, I misplaced the 'send to' envelope BUT on my forms was the following: The info sheets can be filled on-line. All that is necessary is go to www.MyMedicare.gov. Sounded easy enough except when I tried there was the following notice. "This site is under construction. Check back later.

And they want to be in charge of my health care!

No comments: