Friday, January 7, 2011

The Pony Express

Customer: Arrived at US Postal Office in Dublin, Ohio @ 2 pm EST on Friday Jan. 7, 2011.

Customer: now being waited upon @ 2:25 EST(it was a long line)

Customer: "I would like to overnight this envelope to Boone, Iowa, please".

Postal Worker: "That will be $19.75"

Customer: "That's great. And it will be there tomorrow morning"!

Postal Worker: "No, we don't deliver to that community in Iowa overnight. It will be there on Monday".

Customer: "But I'm paying overnight prices. Why would I pay $19.75 when it's not overnight"?

Postal Worker: "Well, to make certain it gets there on Monday"

Customer: "I could put a 44 cent stamp on the envelope and chances are good it'd be there on Monday".

Postal Worker: "Maybe"

Customer: "Is there a better way to ship and not pay $19.75"?

Postal Worker: "$5.50 might do it".

Customer: "I don't like the word 'might'"

Postal Worker: "You'll have to make up your mind".

Customer: "So, it'll be in Boone, Iowa on Monday morning."

Postal Worker: "No. It's confirmation is around 4 pm CST"

Customer: "I could get in my car, start driving, and be there by midnight".

Postal Worker: "Whatever"!

Customer: "Would you give me my twenty-five cents in change, please"?

Customer: "What a dunce. Why didn't I got to FedEx"?

No comments: