Sunday, January 16, 2011

She's Only A Child


In this case you can call me an old 'fuddyduddy' but don't ya' think seventeen is a tad bit young to be named Miss America? Teresa Scanlan, from Scottsbluff, Nebraska, who will become eighteen on Feb. 6, was crowned that in Las Vegas last night. The emcee, Bert Parks, placed the crown on her head as he has previously done for every other winner since 1921. Oops! Wrong guy. I don't know who emceed since I didn't watch the show. While TV surfing I did see a couple of derrieres walk in front of the screen then I switched back to NCIS reruns. I say this in all seriousness, watching the Miss America Pageant presents the same allure and excitement as if I was watching one of those five year old beauty jokes of a show. You know the ones: Mom weighs 50,000 pounds, has her hair in a bouffant style of the 1960's and is yelling at the child about acting like an adult.

Back to reality------what can a seventeen year old know about the world? The highlight of her life has to be the night she necked in the back seat of her dad's car with the captain of the football team. Do you think she still uses Play-Doh? I'm fairly certain she's reached puberty. C'mon, I'm not that old and out of it.
I remember when I was seventeen. I bought tons of Clearasil and Stridex.
Teresa baby was home schooled until her sophomore year so most certainly she knows Lincoln is the state capitol-----maybe!

All of this Miss this and Miss that are off the wall. Ever watch the Mrs. America contest? the winner is usually around 29 and childless, having never heard of a stretch mark.

Lizzie and I have four granddaughters. I pray that they grow up to be nice and nice looking. As for drop dead gorgeous; uh-huh!

So, good luck to Teresa Scanlan. Here's hoping this honor will allow you to have 'line cuts' in the cafeteria and be elected to the Student Council the second semester of your senior year.

No comments: