Monday, May 2, 2011

I Trumped Glen Beck

Lizzie was watching the communist network, NBC, when I came downstairs this morning so I scooted on into the kitchen to brew a cup. As I passed by the "man cave" there was a video clip of college students celebrating Usama's demise. I mean, it could have been the aftermath of the Bowl Championship Series football game or UConn celebrating their NCAA basketball victory. Kids were screaming, "USA-USA". American flags were draped over their shoulders and they were going absolutely crazy with joy.
It struck me as strange that this same age group are the ones who hate the military, ban them from college campuses and could care less if the soldiers receive their monthly pay if there's a government shut-down. I've included a clip from Illinois State University to illustrate my point fully realizing it isn't Harvard, Columbia or the Univ. of Wisconsin.
Glen Beck was talking about the same thing this afternoon. It should give us pause.
Then again, college students are always looking for an excuse to drink beer. I once received a D- in biology and owed it to myself to throw a kegger for the fraternity.
If that's the case, let's go find Al-Zawahiri.

No comments: