Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back In The Saddle-Sort of

Thank goodness for Ben Franklin and the public library. Kudos, too, to Andrew Carnegie for funding them. It's that time of year at the lake when I prepare for winter. When the leaves begin to change, and they are, you know what's directly around the corner. It's texture can range from wet to hard driven and it's white.
Want to know how to go from a positive to negative attitude in a heart beat? Four days ago I looked at my gas tank. It was full. There's something about having a full load of petro. You just feel good. It's like when you have a full wallet. You think it'll go on forever. Then you spend frivolously and before you realize you're living on bird seed. I think that's the way our government works when they have extra tax cash. Well, today I glanced at the guage and it read, E. "Crap", I thought.
I caught a largemouth bass yesterday. It was three and a half pounds in weight. That's fairly large for Minnesota. I was dragging a plastic frog over lily pads when it hit. KABOOM! The first thing I saw was the splash then it dove for the bottom of the weeds. I knew right away he was mine. This magical occurrence took place on my second cas

No comments: