Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Cure For Depression And Anxiety

I think I've started figuring out why there's so much depression and anxiety in the world or more so in the United States. The closest city to Ten Mile Lake is Pequot Lakes and it's located thirty miles south of us. By 'city' I mean a population of around 4,000. You can't miss Pequot. It has a water tower looks like a fish bobber. It's painted half red and half white and sets on Hwy. 371, the main drag running through town.
Our town, Hackensack, we call it 'Hack' is in the sticks. We have one TV channel, CBS. This means we don't watch it too often since they carry 'Big Brother' and other type reality shows. In addition, we do not have computers(see previous blog), newspapers. We do receive one AM radio station but there's too much of 'nothing to do' at the lake to turn it on. i.e. I haven't listened to Rush since I got here July 31. Is Khadafy still in power? Will Obama be taking a vacation this year? Is Obama still the president? Has the NFL and college football started yet? Don't know---don't care! Without the problems of the world surrounding me my mind has cleared and, like a bad dream from my childhood long forgotten, I'm focusing on other things; cutting shrubbery, mowing the lawn, napping. Is there anything better than an afternoon nap listening to the waves crashing against shoreline rocks? The answer is an emphatic NO!
Lizzie could stay here until snow falls. She loves watching the leaves change colors which they are. So why am I so eager to get back to Dublin, Ohio? Easy answer here. I'm a city boy. And that's the truth.

No comments: