Thursday, August 11, 2011

Toothpicks Are Fun


When I was a small kid there was a place in Boone, Iowa called Red's Toy and Hobby Shop. Every day, after school, I'd stop in and see what was new. Red had all kinds of model airplanes. I chose the plastic kind. Gimme a tube of glue and the plane parts and I was ready to go. The problem was I attacked those pieces the way a famished dog goes after a piece of red meat. I'd glue this piece and that and when I was finished there'd be a bunch of pieces left over. Once, I bought one of those wooden ones. What a disaster. After ten minutes I smashed it on the floor and waited for someone, probably grandma, to throw it in the garbage.
At any rate, if you click here you can see some cool pictures of toothpick buildings. If only I had 10% of the patience these constructionists have.

No comments: