Monday, August 29, 2011

The Lord Giveth And The Lord Taketh Away

Recall a few weeks ago when I mentioned the ice cream shop in Hackensack closing for the day around 6 pm. For business purposes I thought prime time for gorging might be between 6 and 10. I know it is for me. Well, Land o' Goshen the ice cream shop is closing down. What a surprise!
But-----a new business has started and the entire community is excited. It's a bakery and they specialize in bagels. Bagels are good, especially the cinnamon raisin kind. The proprietor's must have gone to the School Of Bagel since I've neever heard of this type. What you do, and this is the simple part: take a hamburger bun and put a donut hole in the middle. Cut the bun in half and toast it. This is what people in the northwoods call a bagel. Gosh, I can hardly wait to get outta here. Only eight more days.

No comments: