Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vice-Presidents Of The USA

Fishing on Ten Mile Lake gives me the opportunity to think. All I do anyway is give my worm a bath and I never have to worry about losing my train of thought by having a guppie jump in the boat. Anyway, knowing I wouldn't catch so much as a summer cold my mind wandered to vice-Presidents of our country. Right now, after that statement, you have to be asking yourself, "It must be boring being me" thinking about vice-Presidents and all that jazz.
I know, I know, you think I'm going to write something about Joe Biden. Well, I might but not right now. I thought of Thomas Marshall who served under Woodrow Wilson. He likened the office to a bucket of warm spit. John Nance Garner, a good twenty years later and VP under FDR from 1933-41 said about the office, "It's like a bucket of warm piss". I guess a guy could say 'piss' in the thirties. Time flies and things change don't they. Why, a Veep today can say about anything. Yes, it's Joe Biden's turn. There wasn't the upheaval I expected from the American people when he, in introducing Obama after Obamacare was signed, called it a big F'ing deal. Why is that? Of course, the administration covered for him saying, "it(the signing) was a big deal" while leaving out the F word. Okay, let me ask you a question(s). Let's say you are walking down main street in your hometown and in an instant say out loud, "F***"!!!! Would anyone care? Would they look at you like you belonged in the loony bin? When I was a high school teacher I'd always have some yahoo yell the F word in class or in the hallway or in the cafeteria. Guess what? It was an automatic in-school 3 day suspension. Joe Biden gets a pat on the back. Don't you wonder what Democrats say about him behind his back?
As you all know the F word is cherished by me and very close to my heart. I bet I used it three or four times today BUT no one was around to hear it because I wouldn't want my grandson to have the opportunity to expand his vocabulary and think poorly of old Grandpa.
I happen to be able to name every vice-President we've ever had-----in a heart beat. Joe Biden is the most embarrassing person to ever hold the office. More embarrassing than Aaron Burr(he wasn't that bad). Joe Biden makes Al Gore appear to be the reincarnation of Gautama Buddha. Literally, he's not worth a tea spoon of warm piss.

No comments: