Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Vacation

In order to irritate the Progressive Communists who might come across my blog the wife and I are taking an early Christmas--not holiday, not winter-but Christmas vacation. After a 22 hour drive we arrived in San Antonio for a two week visit to see our daughter, her husband and our precious three grandchildren. The trip down was basically uneventful. We broke it up by driving to Central Iowa to have Thanksgiving dinner with Ma. Then spent three days in Olathe, Kansas and saw #1 son, his wife and three more gems of the family. After that it was down to Miami, Oklahoma(pronounced Mi-am-uh) for a two day visit with my old college roomie and his beautiful wife.
Here's a small world story. We had driven forty miles into Texas and stopped at a Starbucks. I was wearing my Iowa sweatshirt. The young lass behind the counter asked if I was from Iowa. 'I was born there", I said. She told me she was born in Iowa, a town called Boone. Well, imagine that. That's where I'm from. I didn't know her family which is unusual because at one time I knew everyone from Boone. Those citizens are most likely all dead.
Want to know what's really neat about Texas interstates? They have signs that read, 'Use left lane only to pass'. This is right at the heart of one of my pet peeves; drivers, mostly women. using a cell phone or texting who live in the left hand lane and drive ten miles an hour under the limit. Also, their license plates are always from Blue states.
Wendy Davis from Texas is running on the Democrat/Progressive/Communist ticket for governor in the next election. She's a single babe and unlike the great percentage of folks from the loser party is not unattractive. Her claim to fame is that while in the Texas legislature, and this was last summer, she filibustered against a pro-life bill. The Leftist media made an overnight sensation out of her. She's the darling of all that is wrong in this world but no matter. I was listening to the radio this morning and the announcer gave her financial statistics: salary, taxes paid and money given to charity. She's wealthier than 90% of the people making a salary of $280,000 last year but, like Obama, and Biden and the rest of the do-nothing but whine party, gave a whopping $995.00 dollars to charity. And these are the clowns who want the rest of us taxed into oblivion.
One of the best things about Texas is that every restaurant, motel and place of business with a television always has the channel set to Fox News. I love this state.

No comments: